BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Me Good... Me Bad... Me Ugly.

I'm one of those who hates Sundays at the moment..(ok im probably the only one but i don't like being the 'only one' so don't correct me).. why? Because every Sunday
1) i have to leave home at 8 am
2)to reach the bus stand at 8:15 am (thanx to dad drivin me there)
3)to catch a bus to Vijaynagar
4)so i can catch another bus to Nagarbhavi (which in a friend's words... is next to friggin EGYPT!)
5)to make it in time for a class which is from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm (ON A SUNDAY... if i haven said it already)
6)then repeat step 4 n 3 to get back home..

SATURDAY NIGHT: My brother n me decide since hes been working awfully late the whole week its time we spend Saturday night on some good ol' brother-sister bonding.... so we get the Iron Man DVD out, sneak into the kitchen fill our bowls with shit load of icecream, fight about who gets the bean bag n abt who touched the remote last because i can't find it n he wont get his ass off of the bean bag... finally movie starts at 12:10 am(sunday now)..
In abt 10 mins the thought of mum throwin me outta bed at 7 am for the class creeps in but i tell myself im gonna be sleepy anyway so 'blah!'...besides the movie was getting interesting with Tony Stark's "weapon that only needs to be shot once" n all.... But as fate has it, the lights go out jus when Yinsen tells Stark (whoz "the incomplete Iron-Man" at that moment) that hes goin to buy some time n runs, without a gun, in the direction of the armed enemy..... I swear at the timing n decide its a sign that i gotta crash...

SUNDAY MORNING: [quiet + peaceful darkness ----> mum yellin + bright sunlight] Its 8 am!! Partially oriented, I 'Plyometric' my way up n ready by 8:15 for dad to drop me off at the bus stand...
I then see my dad still sleepin.............. (MURPHY"S 12th LAW: Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.)
I reach the bus stand by 8:30... the bus i generally take is gone. i wait n let a million buses to Majestic pass (Another way to reach EGYPT is thru Majestic which is the main bus stand in Bangalore city....also well known for some "ass-pinching"). I finally get my bus at 9... im leanin on the window listening to music on my cellphone half asleep...
In a few mins, i'm rudely resuscitated by a Whoosh of a Lavender perfume. i turn to see a woman next to me smiling.. i smile back n stick my head almost out of the window this time, to clear my respiratory tract b4 a migraine sets in.. I get poked n realise Lavender Lady wants to talk so i get my earplugs out.. She asks me if i work at a call centre... I, who was expecting a "whats ur name" first, look a lil shocked... she says "my daughter also works in a call centre... works at the strangest times... looks as terrible as you when she gets back..poor you children"................................... Gooooooooooooooood Morning Priyanka!!! Anyway im bored so i agree abt the call centre work, tell her its very stressful n gain her sympathy..She talks some more about call centres, i thank myself for watching Outsourced n Hello (whatever bit of it i actually watched) n keep the conversation going... she gets off at Magadi Road where a big poster of TAKAT (some Kannada movie) showing an ugly man with a hairless sweaty chest n a red bandana on his forehead distracts me in a way Godzilla distracted Manhattan. (This by the way is the stop where i get my weekly knowledge on Kannada movies so i like keepin my eyes open n get updated)
I change buses at Vijayanagar...its 9:15 n im thinkin to the bus "how fast can you go baby".... the seat i get is next to a dude whoz on his way to his 12th tuitions, which i eventually find out. He sees the "PHYSIOTHERAPY" on the back of my college jacket which i'd grabbed from home cos i cudn find another one on my way out n asks if im a Physiotherapist. i say "yes" (successfully suppressed my urge to add "good work nancy drew" cos he seemed sweet).. after a few seconds he adds "so u work with crazy people??"......... i agree.. i also realise he has me confused with Psychiatrists.
I prepare myself for a story about "the voices in his head" but nothing.... I suddenly miss being a Physiotherapist, which by the way ALWAYS gets a better reaction..a story about an ache, a lazy daughter-in-law/husband who doesn help or an age old fracture, any story that ends with a "so what massage should i get??".... Anyway we talk a bit... actually he did all the talkin (i swear).... after about 5 mins of him telling me abt his girlfriend/classmate and abt how crap his tuitions are, i start to wonder if i was supposed to counsel him on it... but no.. his stop is almost here so he gets ready to go.
He looks back n says "so u have a boyfriend??"
Me: "aaa.... yea" (WHAAAAAAAAAT??? i can't be a single woman working with mentally ill people all day..... thats jus sad.)
He: "doctor?"
Me: "yea" (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?! im a busy woman... i dont have time to meet ppl outta the hospital okay....n i strictly do not date patients/crazy ppl)
He: "you work together?"
Me: "no hes a........... Psychiatrist"
He: "huh?? *confused look* ok... bye"
Me: " :) bye"

Its 9:45 am... i know im very late but im also sure the 9:30 class hasn started.. im usually the first one in class at 9 silently abusing the latecomers for making me miss breakfast, thats how i know.
I walk in, find my seat and the class begins...
I jus spent 90 mins being 3 people and I'm back to being sleepy....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A psychiatrist, dating a psychiatrist, who works nights at a call centre...nice! :P :D

Descorp said...

haha..That is so NOT a sunday! Sundays should go like this :

1. waking up to the smell of fresh filter coffee at 8/9/10..
2. after reading the newspaper (ok..oggling at the girls on the back page) have piping hot msala dosas and vadas
3. some more lazing around
4. sumptuous meal with the entire family
5. lots more of no.3
sigh... I miss Bangalore

what classes are you going for anyway ??

Esther said...

he he he! I fight for the remote and for the bean bag too with my bro! :D If you don't have a bro who else can you fight with? :( And so, people at home got totally bored with the way we fight, whoopee now we have 2 bean bags :D I'm so blessed lol..!! Nice post! :D

deluded said...

yes.

sleeping is the best.



^^^

descorp. are you for REAL?!!!!

Messy Miracle said...

@Srivatsa n Esther: thank u :)

@Descorp: :D :D btw the classes were for Manual Therapy, physio shit.. :P n yea now that my 10 sunday classes r over...THATS finally what my sunday looks like.. *blissful grin*

@Deluded: :)

I Zaydi said...

Great post.. seriously..

Messy Miracle said...

thanx :)

deluded said...

whoa.

you just changed your layout.
but no new post!!!
seriously.

blog more!

I keep coming back here, and searching for a new post :)

Messy Miracle said...

:D :D yea i have a lousy bloggers block.. but LOTS to tell!.. work in progress :)