BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 28, 2008

who CELLed the cat??

There we are walking out of the Cafe Coffee Day with dilated pupils, thanks to the 2 hours of caffeine-that-we-sipped or may be jus pure Gossip... and all of a sudden "This is the story of a girl..." my cell phone sings (awe shaaaat aaaaap i like that song :P)..
"hi pappa....CCD...with friends, i'd told you na........will be home in 10... im just leaving..... ya ya coming coming, nobody can afford kidnapping me......i was kidding, relaxxxx.. byeeee!!"
That was my dad wanting to know where i was, with who n when im coming back home... A father who sent his only daughter [what? it sounds better than 2nd child ;)] to Manipal when she was 17 :D :D
Sheesh sometimes i don't understand parents... they juggle you between childhood n adulthood (putting us in the wrong category at the wrong times usually)... they teach you to write an essay about "all Indians being your brothers and sisters" and in a couple of years you get the "boys can be evil" talk (although by then most girls tend to have a bad-boy-tracking-device implanted within them thanks to abundant eve-teasing..)... they worry when there is actually nothing to worry about (when i was 625 kms away having a nervous breakdown before one of my final university exams, my dad was advising me to stay 'as cool as a cucumber' :D and when i'm 2 streets away from home drinking coffee they worry!)
BUT I'm not here to marvel about our parents cos we all love them unconditionally.... Period.
I'm not here to tell you about my friends cos that'l take all night and my stomach is vigorously responding to the stimulus provided by the dinner bubbling in the kitchen (stay reeeeeal quiet n you may just hear something)..
I'm here wondering about that thing that connects us all...... OUR CELL PHONES.
We have them and all of us have hated owning them at one point of time (if that 'point' hasnt come in your life, i'm pretty sure you are a Man with the Best Boss!).. probably because of 'who' 'when' or 'why' it buzzed...
But how did we end up with this leash??? I got mine a day before i left for my hostel so the whole communication process simplifies, not that i was smart enough to not want one all along but i was just lazy to be responsible for one.. But seriously, these days there are school kids who EXPECT one for their 13th birthday (when i turned 13 i hoped for a Hrithik Roshan poster... which i did get... thanks sis!).... what is happening to the kids these days??!?! Is it the peer pressure or just fascination? Is curiosity killing the cat or just "cell"ing it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well talking abt cellphones...I did go through that "I hate my mobile" phase very recently... :-)

Keep writing Priyanka!

cheers!

Nikhil

Messy Miracle said...

:D :D :D hahahaha oh yeah i knw that one :D
Thanks..

Unknown said...

We all know that one ;)
Nice to see you enter the blogosphere. Keep the show going!

Descorpio said...

it makes me feel all old just saying it, but yeah, the youth of today are just too spoilt.. sheesh!